Awakening the Bookworm in the Unengaged Reader (Grades K-5)
Specially Designed For Educators Serving Kindergarten - 5th Grade: Classroom Teachers, Administrators & Support Staff
- The latest education research and trends for literacy acquisition
- Authentic, exciting student-driven learning experiences for all learners
- A plethora of tools that can be used in your classroom immediately to increase student motivation and engagement in literacy
- Effective strategies to collaborate with families to promote literacy at home
Apply current, research-based instructional practices to your literacy instruction
- Learn new ways to motivate and engage students
- Develop current instructional practices for today’s learner
- Design literacy lessons that can be used immediately in the classroom
- Connect with families on promoting literacy at home
Practical Ideas & Strategies
Aimee Torok will provide powerful strategies for successfully motivating and engaging your students to strengthen independent reading and writing for today’s learner. You will be presented with numerous strategies specifically geared for Kindergarten to 5th grade learning environments.
You will leave this seminar with a wealth of practical ideas and perspectives, increased confidence in meeting the needs of all of your learners and a list of resources that will allow you to continue on the journey of teaching for tomorrow.
Key Benefits of Attending
The purpose of this training is to increase our capacity to improve children’s literacy by identifying a small set of research-supported instructional practices to meet the needs of all learners. The focus of the training is on classroom practices that will have a positive impact on literacy development. We want to create lifelong readers and writers!
Topics to Be Presented
- Balanced Literacy Instruction That Leads To Lifelong Learning
- Increasing Student Engagement & Motivation Leading To Independence
- Balanced Literacy Instruction For Today’s Learner (Modeled, shared, and guided instruction all leading to independence!)
- Voice In Choice
- Creating A Passion For Learning
- Assessment That Guides Instruction
Professional Development Graduate Credit is available through Brandman University for an additional fee and related project completion. Learn More...
Award Winning Teacher &
Choose An Event To Register
We accept Purchase Orders! Please visit our Payment Policies page for details.
"Aimee was extremely excited about literacy and had wonderful ideas to share. It's going to be tough to pick just one or two to bring to my classroom! I would definitely recommend others to attend this workshop"
4th Grade Teacher, St. Anthony New Brighton
"The ideas were practical and the foundation of how to implement these ideas were presented during the session as well as being available in the highly useful book that was included. Aimee Torok was a highly effective presenter who used the information in the book and the internet sources well. She was engaging and it was obvious she had a great deal of experience in presenting this information effectively but also in using these strategies effectively. I would recommend this workshop for anyone who wants to incorporate these strategies into their classroom."
5th & 6th Grade Teacher, Holy Trinity Catholic School Pierz
"Thank you for providing the content in an engaging and effective manner. Working together - sharing thoughts, ideas, and strategies - enabled me to learn from others as well as support others in areas in which I was familiar."